Sunday, July 21, 2013

Allergen Free "Cheesy" Bacon Rice

Today was grey and rainy.

On days like today I crave comfort food which, by the way, is hard to come by when you have as many food restrictions as I do. One of my favorite discoveries since starting this eating habit has been "Bragg's Nutritional Yeast Seasoning".  It is used in a lot of vegan recipes for it's cheesy flavor. 

Also, I'm not really sure how I went about 10 years without bacon in my life. I used to hate all red meat and pork. Like, couldn't stand the taste of it at. all.

But then I got pregnant and had my world rocked by bacon. 

I put it on everything now. Bacon wrapped everything in this house.

Avocados, chicken, dates, turkey loaf...

Mmmm...

Oh. Sorry. I started dreaming about bacon.

Nom nom nom

Anyways, this "cheesy" bacon rice hit the comfort food spot right on the head. And the best part is it's sooooo easy. I actually hesitate to call it a recipe. More like an idea.

So here's what you'll need:

1 serving cooked rice
1000 3 slices of bacon (MORE or less to taste)
1/8 C Nutritional yeast


Cook your bacon.

Duh...


Mix ingredients.

VOILA!


Deliciousness.

Eat your heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment