Sunday, August 18, 2013

"Must Haves" for a 1st Time Mom & My 4.5 Month Old

I did an Essentials for the First 3 Months post a little while ago but I wanted to post some of my favorite things I use on a daily basis now. Cali is almost 5 months old (I have no idea where the time went) and over the last 2 months we've gotten rid of of some things and added some things. I use every single one of these items on a daily basis; most of them multiple times a day. They're what I consider "can't-live-withouts". 

 So here they are:





1. A versatile bag - I, personally, use the Michael Kors Kempton (pictured above). It's big enough, has tons of pockets on the inside, and is made of washable fabric. Plus, it's cute enough that on the (rare) dress up occasion it'll look good with my outfit.


2. Baby K'Tan - I mentioned this in my essentials post but I'm putting it here again. The Baby K'Tan is, by far, my most used item. I have flown with her in it and they don't even make you take your child out of it. If she's in a "needs to be held" mood, I can plop her in this thing and still clean the house. I. Love. This.


3. A good  great blanket - I'm sort of obsessed with blankets and this Candy Kirby Designs Organic Cotton Cozy Blanket is our new favorite. I know I've blogged about it here before but I couldn't make a favorites list without adding this one to it. We use it every second of every day and I'm sure you've noticed that it shows up in a lot (OK, all) of the pictures we take. I believe (don't quote me on this) that she's redesigned this particular one but whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be just as amazing. It's more than worth it!


3. Charlie Banana Wipes - I'm not sure what you wipe your kid's butt with but might I suggest these? Cali has super sensitive skin and cloth wipes are the only kind that don't irritate her. I have a few different brands but these are the best. I simply soak them in water with a couple of drops of Dr. Bronner's and take them with me everywhere.




4. Dr. Bronner's Castille Soap - Speaking of Dr. Bronner's... I use this for, well, everything. Aside from her wipes, I add a couple of drops of lavender oil to it for her shampoo and body wash. It comes in a lot of different scents but I use the baby unscented because of her aforementioned sensitive skin.




5. Jenny Jump-Up - This is fairly new to our arsenal but Cali has taken a quick liking to it. She's at the stage where she wants to go somewhere but can't quite do it yet. When she's in this thing, she can turn around and jump with no help from me and that makes her a very happy girl. Stubborn and independent...


So there you have it. It's not much but traveling with baseball like we do, less is better. These are the things I absolutely couldn't live without.

Hope you found them useful :)



No comments:

Post a Comment