Sunday, August 11, 2013

Thankful

Tonight was... interesting. 

Cali has recently (in the last few days) learned how to roll over from her back to her stomach. The problem with this is that she flat out refuses to actually sleep on her stomach. So every. single. time. she rolls over, she wakes up. Either T or I will roll her back over, and she goes right back to sleep.

Of course during the daylight hours she rolls herself back over but won't do this at night?

I'm pretty sure her and T are plotting together to put me in the nut house but that's just the conspiracy theorist in me.

Moving on.

Tonight, every time she rolled over she would get a body part stuck in between the slats of her crib. First an arm, then her entire leg, etc. This happened every 10 minutes for 2 1/2 hours. Then T comes home and, naturally, she hasn't woken up since. 

See? They're plotting evil plans I tell ya.

The point of all of this is to say that, while I feel like a chicken with my head cut off sometimes, I am thankful also. I am thankful that I have a child who is developing and learning new skills. I am thankful that I have a baby in a crib that I have to lose sleep over. I am thankful that she's healthy and happy and alive. I am thankful that I was blessed with her and if that means losing some sleep for a while or that life is a little hectic for a while, then I'll take it.

A million times over.

I have always *always* wanted to be a parent and the fact that God blessed me with a beautiful baby girl is not something I'll ever complain about.

Yes. I am so tired that I've forgotten what it feels like to not be tired. 

But I'll take this small bump in the road over not having her any day. 

So today (and every day) I am thankful for the sleepless nights, the blow out diapers, the TV shows watched in 10 minute increments, the cat naps, the 500 outfit changes, the dried spit up in my hair, the rushed showers, the hurried dinners, the no pool summer, the softer than normal stomach, the early mornings, and every other thing that comes with having this amazing child in my life. 

I am so very, very, thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment