Thursday, July 11, 2013

camera settings and baby shots for beginners (like me!)

So I've had a dslr camera for a few years now. Since having Cali, I've finally decided to learn how to really use it. I typically have been putting it on Auto everything and clicking away but I wanted to put all of it's capabilities to use. As you can see in my previous posts, I am having trouble with grainy, dark, and blurry pictures. (HA!) The first thing I did was Google "grainy pictures" and the reoccurring theme was ISO. So I read a little about ISO and apparently mine was set waaayyy too high. In essence, the higher the ISO the grainier the shot will be. Mine was set at the highest possible so (duh) I'm going to have grainier pictures. 

There's a lot wrong here but let's focus on the grain.

Once I figured out how to get the grain minimized, I need to work on the lighting. That's what I'm adjusting in these pictures...




So for these, I adjusted my shutter speed to anywhere from 80-120. They're still a long way from perfect but I'm slowly getting there! My pictures are still blurry....crap.

-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment