Thursday, July 11, 2013

these quiet moments...

It's 2am, T is on a road trip, Cali is sleeping, and (ironically) I can't. 

To say this past week has been draining is an understatement. Sometime in the last 7 days, my daughter has decided she hates falling asleep. She fights it with a fury that makes me cringe. I rock her, nurse her, wear her, shh her, sing to her, pray over her, whisper to her, bounce her - nothing works. After about 45 minutes of this she finally falls asleep...for 20 minutes. It's a vicious cycle. I am physically and emotionally exhausted. 

But then there's 2am when the house is quiet and I watch her sleep the night away peacefully and I can regroup. I remember that "this too shall pass", and I am so very grateful for the blessing of being her mother. I'm not sure why God chose to entrust me with this gift, but I am thankful. 

So I write this now because tomorrow I will probably be too tired to think properly and I want to remember this quiet moment. This moment where I can take a step back -away from the chaos, away from the crying-  and remind myself what an honor it is to be her mom, to be a stay at home mom, and to be gifted with this precious child.


Psalms 127:3,4- Sons are a heritage from the Lord , children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth.
 
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment