Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Light That is Coming

Coming in to this off season I was excited to see all that God had planned for our little family. It has been so long since we have fully engaged ourselves in a church and having made the commitment to do so this off season, I knew God would respond. I wanted my heart to be searched thoroughly and completely and I wanted to be cleaned out.

Satan heard that prayer and decided to respond as well.

He knows my weaknesses and he knows how to make me doubt the goodness of our Creator. By attacking the things that are most important to me, he tries to cripple my faith. 


What Satan doesn't count on (I suppose? I actually don't know what he does and doesn't count on) is that God can take these circumstances and use them to purify my heart. He can take my doubt and my frustration and my (lack of) sleep and He can use them to draw my heart towards Him.

I just have to let Him.

"And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare.
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth"
-You Never Let Go by Matt Redman



No comments:

Post a Comment