Saturday, October 12, 2013

Long Days, Short Years


It's been another long week. 

Cali got her 6 month shots on Monday and those always make her feel crummy. So for 2 days, this is what we did...


All day long. I got absolutely nothing accomplished around the house but I certainly soaked up the cuddles! However, once she started feeling better, she still expected me to sleep with her all the time. So now her naps are back to cat naps and she's waking up 5 million times a night looking for me. 

I'm not complaining. Just stating a fact that I'm exhausted. Like, more than newborn kind of exhausted.

When I have days/weeks/months like this and I'm so tired that I can't think straight, I always tell myself "this too shall pass". I was telling T last night that as much as I would love to sleep longer than an hour long stretch, the day will (eventually) come when she doesn't wake up needing me at night and - while I won't miss being this tired - I will miss being able to provide that comfort. 

This little girl, this little family that I have been blessed with, has my heart. I've heard the phrase "The days are long but the years are short" and it makes me slow down and appreciate this phase a little more. Yes, I would love sleep. But I'm also extremely grateful to have this little blessing and have her growing and developing well enough that she is able to wake up and need my comfort. 

So for now I'll just be here with a caffeine IV hooked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment