Monday, November 11, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal


It's Fall.

Finally.

It's my favorite time of year. Apples, cool air, football, pumpkin. I love pumpkin. Who doesn't?? I really try to sneak pumpkin into everything that I cook. While T doesn't really love Fall like I do (No baseball? No love.), I always force my warm feelings and love of pumpkin on him whether he likes it or not. I cook? You eat pumpkin. It's that simple, really.


While I can't eat oatmeal right now due to Cali's stomach issues, T eats it every. single. day. I'm really jealous of him because oatmeal is one of my favorite things ever. 

Anyways, I've been making him this Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal on a pretty regular basis now that pumpkins are back in season. While I just stare longingly at it and try to take in all of the "flavor" I can through long sniffs, T says it's actually good. So, while I can't tell you exactly how it tastes seeing as how I've never actually tasted it, T's reference will have to do. It's super easy and (hopefully) delicious. 

Enjoy!




Ingredients
1 serving oatmeal
(I make his with whole milk but water will work too)
1 tbs peanut butter (any nut butter will work)
1 tbs honey
1 tbs pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
pecans to taste

Directions
Cook oatmeal per directions on package. Feel free to use water but I've found that using a milk (dairy or non dairy) makes it creamier. Once the oatmeal is cooked, mix remaining ingredients into oatmeal until creamy. 

EAT.

You're welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment