Thursday, January 30, 2014

10 Month Pictures! and a Sleep Update


So Cali turned 10 months old on the 28th. 

I guess I could sit here and talk about how time flies and I can't believe she's almost a year old and such but I won't. All of that is true but I've learned that no matter how many times I complain about it, nothing changes. Time still flies and I'm still left looking over newborn pictures that feel like yesterday and crying over the fact that my little baby isn't so little anymore and she has no time for trivial things like her mom.

So instead I've decided to accept the fact that time is a thief and try as hard as I can to live intently in the moment and soak up this time that I have.

I still don't like the fact that she has no time for me. She's busy. With important things. Like eating shoelaces.

Anyways, without further ado, here are her 10 month pictures.


















She's adorable. I know.

Also, all of these were taken outside the batting cages where Cali and I are working while we're in Boston. That's the life of a nomad. You make do.

Now, let's talk sleep. I've talked about it before but I wanted to touch on it again.

Cali as a newborn was a rockstar sleeper. From early on, she would sleep from 10-8 every night waking only once. And then I did what no parent should ever do…

I bragged about it.

Yes. I was that parent.

"Oh, you're kid doesn't sleep? I'm so sorry (hear the sarcasm?). I really can't help you because my kid is an awesome sleeper. Let me just go paint my nails and get my hair done and shower because I'm so well rested."

Well ladies and gentlemen, Cali heard my challenge and raised the ante. 

It was the (now infamous) day of her 6 month shots that it all began. Since then we've gone through a million ups and downs but she hasn't slept through the night since then. About 2 months ago we sleep trained her with the Sleep Lady Shuffe and ever since then she goes down wide awake for naps and bedtime and puts herself to sleep.

Now, this is a huge improvement from what we were dealing with before that so for this, I am EXTREMELY grateful. No more nightmare of getting her to sleep. The issue now is that for the past month, she's been waking every 1-3 hours and refuses to go back to sleep until I nurse her. For the past week it's been every 45 minutes. We're all exhausted and I'm hoping it's just teething and a phase. 

*Fingers crossed*

I have no idea how we'll deal with it if it's not a phase. Right now we're just focusing on getting the job done in Boston then we'll cross the "sleep bridge" when we have time. Until then, coffee and I are BFFs.

Anyways, that's where we are. I hope everyone is having a good New Year so far!

Until next time.



Want to keep up with the family? Follow us on Twitter & Instagram!



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment