Friday, February 28, 2014

Our Vacation in Pictures

Oh, hi there!

Cali and I just got back from a glorious 10 days of beautiful Southern weather and we return to what?  

Oh, right.

Snow, snow, and more snow.

I must really love my husband. 

Yeah, you're right. I do. 

I really, really, really do.

Anyways, I'm going to quit whining about the horrible weather now and share some fun in the sun from our time down South! Now, there's quite a lot so just bear with me...


This is on the flight to Atlanta. She's watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with T's headphones. Cutest thing ever, right?


The first morning we were in Atlanta, she woke up suuuuper happy. She must've known we were in beautiful weather.


Of course the first thing we did was go to the park and soak up some natural Vitamin D.


She loves to swing. The issue is getting her out of the swing.


My mother made her a scarf-headwrap-thingy. It'll come in handy now.


She. loves. kids. Seriously. As soon as she sees Cooper (my 9 year old cousin) or little kids, she gets giddy. It's freaking adorable.


This is my granddad which makes him Cali's great-grandfather. I loved watching them bond!


And this is my dad. It takes Cali a little while to warm up to new people, especially men, but he saved her from bedtime twice so she loves him now.


"In my Christmas jammies." YouTube that. Also, is it too late or too early for Christmas PJs?


Oh dear. This is her new "trick". You stick a phone in front of her face and say "cheese" and this is what you get. I hope she outgrows that creepy smile...


Just blowing raspberries and using her monkey feet.


Sometimes I look at her and my heart literally wants to burst with love and pride.


This is Cooper and it shows you just how happy the girl is with him. Don't let his face fool you. He loves her a whole lot too!


Basketball! Now that's a real sport.

*Wink Wink*


This is after my dad saved Cali from bedtime. She's enjoying being up late. Normally I lay her down and she falls asleep without a peep. Eeeevery now and then she'll start fussing so my dad went and told her she didn't have to go to bed yet. What else are granddads for??


We're blessed enough to have a private gym where my parents live so Cali got to work out with me. She's on the Tracy Anderson plan.


This is her first time feeding herself out of the pouch. She's much smarter/more capable than I give her credit for sometimes.


She got her a new chair!

                   

Don't worry. We'll paint it a "girl color". People get onto me all the time for not putting her in tons of pink or putting bows in her hair. I'll ignore those complaints but I will paint the chair purple? for you.


Creepy smile.


Despite what it looks like, that's not a tooth up top. It's a piece of avocado.

Redneck baby.


Don't yell at me. Someone is sitting right next to her at all times while she's on the table.


This is a new face too. I don't know who my kid's been hanging around but they need to lay off the scary faces.


She loved the guitar.


Veering away from Cali for half a second, I wanted to share this sad disaster of a cake with you. Because of Cali's food allergies, I'm having to buy her special cake mix and icing for her smash cake coming up. While I am super excited that I found this cake (because I am NOT a baker and attempting to bake a cake in general for me is dangerous; much less a cake with a million special ingredients) it is $6 a box and $5 for the frosting. I didn't want to screw up an $11 cake so I wanted to practice making this cake with a cheaper cake mix. This picture shows the results. I obviously have more practicing to do. 


More bonding time with "Babu" (Pronounced bah-boo and is Swahili for 'grandfather'. We have no idea why he picked this name. We just go with it.).


And lastly, I had to share this one. This is my grandmother riding the 4 wheeler with me. All the while yelling "Don't ride through the poo poo!" and holding on for dear life while riding through the trails.

We had a great trip with great weather and can't wait to get back! Until then, we're really enjoying being back "home" with T.





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment