Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Maple Cinnamon Pecan No Churn Ice Cream

Oh, hey there!

Is it as hot where you are as it is here?? We've been in the Northeast for the last 2 summers and I forgot how HOT and HUMID it is in the south. Melting my face off.

So, needless to say, I want ice-cream.

Well, I also wanted ice-cream in January in Boston so I suppose my love for it isn't contained to Southern summers but whatever.

Moving right along.

The problem is that I don't own an ice cream machine.

I know, right? 

BUT I learned you can make a "no-churn" ice cream so... problem solved!



OK.

I know this says "Vegan, Paleo, yada yada" but you have options. I have some eating restrictions because I'm still nursing Nash and he's sensitive to dairy. Because of this, I used coconut milk which is fatty and gives this recipe a creamy texture. But if you're not vegan or dairy sensitive, feel free to replace this with whipping cream. Make sure it's full fat.



Next, this needs to be in the freezer for at least 4 hours. If you go much longer, you'll want to let it set out for 5-7 minutes to let it soften. Using the maple syrup instead of granulated sugar keeps this ice cream from developing ice crystals since you're not churning it.

Just look at this creamy texture!


The best part is Cali, who is 3, LOVED it and didn't even realize it was a "healthier" version of ice cream. And my husband ate almost the entire thing...

*oops*

Now, because I used coconut milk, there IS a hint of coconut. I added extra vanilla flavoring that helps cover some of this up but we happen to really enjoy the taste of coconut. Obviously, if you sub this out for whipping cream then that eliminates the coconut taste.

Duh.



Let me know if you try it and how you like it! 


print recipe

Maple Cinnamon Pecan No Churn Ice Cream
A thick, creamy, no churn ice cream. Vegan and "Paleo"
Ingredients
  • 1 can FULL FAT coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup Another dairy free milk of choice (I used almond)
  • 1/2 cup Pure maple syrup
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup Chopped pecans
  • 2 tsp Vanilla extract
Instructions
Line bread pan with parchment paper. Mix all ingredients together. I used my Blendtec blender but any blender or mixer will do. Pour mixture into pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. You may need to set it out for 5 minutes to let it soften. Enjoy the cool, smooth, deliciousness!
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 bread pan full






No comments:

Post a Comment