Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Lately. In Pictures.


It's been a while since I've done a picture update. Sure, I've thrown some random pictures in here and there but I thought it'd be nice to document a rough timeline of the past 4 months in pictures. So here we go.



This was the night before Tim left for Boston for 10 weeks. 

TEN. WEEKS.


I won't even lie. It was freaking hard.

A 4 week old and a toddler by myself in a new city. I nearly lost my mind some days.

BUUUUUT it was the little moments like these that kept me going.


She started ballet.


And loved it.


Nash kept growing.


Cali kept loving him.


Her personality kept developing.


She's getting so big and independent and has been a huge help.


We used the time while he was gone to visit (a lot) with family.



Cali is such a great sister. 


When she's easy with him.




THEN.

ALL OF A SUDDEN.

(Not really. 10 weeks seemed like a year. BUT it finally happened.)

IT. WAS. TIME.

TIM WAS COMING HOME!!!

AND WE WERE SOOOOOOO EXCITED.

Cali waited in the driveway for an hour.


And their reunion was PRECIOUS.


It made me cry.


Then they were inseparable.


We took full advantage of him being home and explored and enjoyed our new city.


I missed him so much.

I was VERY happy to have my BFF home.


And watching him with our kids was amazing.


Cali soaked up every second he was around.


Daddy/daughter dates.


THEN SHE TURNED THREE.


THREE. PEOPLE.

How did this happen???

I swear. I know it's cliche but it goes by so stinking fast.


We love our new town.

Picnics in the park.

I feel like I live in Stars Hollow some days.

If you don't understand that reference, I'm so sorry.

For you.

Not for making it.


We became a minivan family.

Yes. Yes.

I know.

Embarrassment.

(But I secretly LOVE it)


Cali had her first dentist appointment!


And ballet recital!

(She's on the far left. This was as good as the pictures got. #mediocremom)


Guys.

Look how big she's gotten! 

I am so very proud of her.

Most days.

:)


And this guy!

So handsome.


She also got her first professional haircut.

Such a big girl.


Her personality is as crazy as ever but it's so fun to watch.


And this guy's trying to crawl!

I'm in trouble when that happens.

So is Cali.

He'll be bigger and fast than her. For sure.

Well, guys. That's it. That's the last 4 months in our first real home. Our first real town. 

I won't lie.

Travel fever maaaaaay have hit me a bit a time or two. I'm not used to roots! But I know this is where we're supposed to be and I know we'll eventually (hopefully?) make life long friends and figure out exactly how our family fits here. We've found a great church and a great preschool for Cali. I'm very excited to see what God has in store for us!

Later, gators.














If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment