Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Apple Walnut Brussels Sprouts



T has been nagging me suggesting that I post this recipe for a while now. After I cooked this recipe, he actually became a fan of brussels sprouts so even if you haven't previously enjoyed them, give this a try. 

These are super easy and taste good hot or as a cold brussels salad. Let me know if you try them and if so, how you like them.



Ingredients

1 tbs cooking oil (I used coconut)
4-5 cups whole brussels sprouts
1 small cooking apple
1 small onion
1/2c walnuts
1.5 tbs honey (If you're doing the Whole30, blend 1 date and 2 tbs water for a "date paste". Or leave it out altogether!)
1/8 c white wine vinegar
salt to taste
onion powder to taste

Directions

Chop onion and apple into small slivers and start to brown in a pan in part of your oil. While those are cooking, cut the ends off of the brussels sprouts and dice to desired size. Add brussels to pan and begin to cook. Add vinegar, salt, onion powder, and honey then stir. Cook until the brussels are tender and then add walnuts. Continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes or until walnuts are toasted.

Put on a plate and eat up!



As a thank you for stopping by my blog, I'll leave you with an adorable picture…


I know. 

You're welcome.




If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment