Friday, December 13, 2013

Random Ways to Say "I Love You" to Your Husband

Hi there :)

I hope you all are having a happy holiday so far! 



Being a new parent is hard and it will inevitably take some adjusting to. One of those things that needs adjusting is your marriage. Between deciding who gets up at night, and date nights being interrupted for feedings, your marriage will need extra effort in order to stay alive. With all of the things T and I have going on right now, we're lucky to get a small amount of time alone at the very end of the day. By that point though, I'm so tired that I doubt I'm great company. One of the ways that I like to put in extra effort is to do a bunch of small, practical things throughout T's day. That way, even if we don't get a lot of time together he knows I was thinking about him throughout the day.

Here are just a few of the ideas I'd suggest.

1. Cook his favorite breakfast - Go all out. Omelette, pancakes, his favorite juice. Then put it on a nice place setting with the paper and let him have a few quiet moments to start his day.

2. Organize his closet/drawers - If your husband is anything like my husband he ends up rushing around in the morning and by the end of the week his drawers and closet are a bit… messy. I like to organize T's clothes at least once a week. That way, when he goes to grab his things to get ready he has a nice surprise.

3. Place little notes in random places - I do this a lot during the season when T goes on road trips but I try to do it during the offseason as well. Just something short and sweet like "I love you" or "Hurry home". 

4. Let him take a nap - In the bed, lights off, and keep the kid(s) away. I know as a mom that we often think we need the nap more but we forget all of the pressure that is on our husbands as well, especially if he's the sole provider of the family. Give him the gift of sleep.

5. Buy him his favorite food/snack - Next time you're at the grocery store, pick up his favorite dinner or snack. He'll thank you.

6. Watch a movie of his choice - I don't know about you but I tend to commandeer the television on the rare occasion that we get to watch it. Every now and then I'll let him pick the movie ;)

7. Random texts - While he's at work send him a text to just say "hello". T and I use texting all the time.  It's something that fits into both of our schedules when we can't necessarily hold a phone to our ears.

8. Buy him a gift - This may seem like a no brainer but is there something your husband has been wanting but money is tight? Maybe have spaghetti one night instead of chicken so that you can make some room in the budget for his gift. Remind him that he's worth it.

9. Enjoy his hobby with him - Does he like golfing? Working out? Basketball? Maybe send the kid(s) to the grandparents and enjoy his hobby with him…even if it's not your favorite. 

10. Wear your hair/makeup his favorite way - Your husband likes your hair up instead of down? Or he likes the red lipstick you save for holiday parties. Whatever it is, do it on a random Tuesday night instead of waiting for a special occasion. 


Those are just a few things I try to do for T to let him know that even when I'm rushing around and taking care of Cali all day, he's forefront in my mind and I love him. What do you do for your husband as a special gift?

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment