Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Whirlwinds of Crazy


I have to apologize for abandoning you.

It's not you, it's me. 

Really.

This past month has been all out crazy, never really settling in one place long enough to get in a comfortable routine. Around the last week of March, we left Boston and headed back home to celebrate Cali's first birthday. Once we left there, we headed back home to Atlanta to figure out where we were going next. This led us on a crazy few weeks with T traveling up and down and all over and Cali and I going back and forth between Bama and Georgia. In the end, T landed on a team in Connecticut and in under 2 hours we decided that Cali and I were going to meet him up there. This meant packing all of our belongings (taking down and packing up the crib as well) into our car, bribing my cousin to make a last minute road trip, and heading out. Here's a rough schedule of what this looked like:
Cali playing in Bama before our crazy trip

Friday
12pm - T & I decide we're meeting him in CT
12:01pm-1:30pm - Take down crib, throw everything into car
1:30pm-4:30pm - Drive to Bama while Cali naps
4:30pm-8:30pm - Let Cali play and exert some energy
8:30pm- (Cont. below)
Saturday
8:30pm - Drive 12 straight hours to Maryland
8:30am-12:00pm - Hang out with T since he was there playing a series
12:00pm-5:30pm - Drive to NYC for an impromptu visit to Times Square
5:30pm-8:30pm - Hang out in Times Square and eat some of the best falafel ever at Maoz vegetarian
8:30pm-10:30pm - Continue drive to CT


Cali's first trip to NYC!


We dropped my cousin, Maddox, off at the airport Sunday morning so she could make it back for school Monday morning and afterwards Cali and I had a date at Cracker Barrel. We then visited the beach and hung out at the hotel until T finally got "home" late that night.



We killed some time Sunday at the Mall's indoor play area.



It really was quite the adventure, albeit exhausting. We've since caught up on sleep and had time to ponder what a crazy weekend we had. Things might not always go the way we had planned, and we really have to have faith in God's provision of our "daily bread" but we are so blessed to live the life we do. It's the joy in the small things like seeing T after not having seen him in 2 weeks, it's a mini date with Cali - just the 2 of us - over eggs at Cracker Barrel, or watching her try to figure out sand for the first time. When I feel like I have a million worries about the who's, where's, and why's, I have to remind myself to sit back and be still. Just revel in the fact that He is God and His plan is bigger than my tiny brain can comprehend. It's humbling and (if I let it be) truly exciting. If baseball has taught me nothing else, it's that God provides. 

I am so thankful.





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment