Friday, May 16, 2014

Paleo Pumpkin Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Whew. That's a long title. 

Oh well.

It's also a strange combination but trust me when I say "They're delicious". Because that's what I'm saying. 

Don't knock it 'till you try it.


I'm gearing up for my second Whole30 and am trying out some new recipes to get ready. I looooove tacos but since tortillas aren't on the list of approved foods, I substituted some lettuce.

Now, I know pumpkin isn't your usual taco ingredient but paired with a bit of spice and ground chicken, it turns ordinary into extraordinary.

Geez. That was cheesy. Ignore I said it.

Except, don't. Because it's true.

Moving along...

To be honest, I originally mixed the pumpkin in so that the meat would be soft enough for Cali to eat but I ended up liking it so much, I made my own batch.

Here we go.

Ingredients

1 lb. ground chicken
1/2 can PURE pumpkin
1 small cooked sweet potato
1/2 tbs. coconut oil  (or other compliant cooking oil)
1tbs. garlic
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tbs. Mrs. Dash original
1 tsp. onion powder
Salt to taste
Iceberg lettuce leaves
Avocado (optional)

Instructions

Heat oil in large skillet and add in garlic. Once garlic is soft, add the ground chicken. While chicken is still raw add in pumpkin and cooked sweet potato (this ensures that meat stays nice and soft). Cook until the meat is slightly brown.
*Just a note: with the pumpkin and sweet potato added it makes it hard to tell when the chicken is fully cooked. Be sure to check carefully!*
When the chicken is fully cooked, simply wrap in the lettuce leaves and top with avocado (if desired) and EAT. 



It's really such a simple recipe but oh, so good! If you try it, let me know how you like it!

I hope you enjoy!






If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment