Monday, February 16, 2015

"Clean Eating" French Toast Sticks





Cali is getting to SUCH A FUN AGE. She'll be 2 in less than two months and she is such a firecracker. Watching her enjoy the little things and figure out the unknown is my favorite part of our days.

One of the things that we've begun to make kind of "our thing" is cooking breakfast together. She loves to get out her mini kitchen utensils and stir up the pancake batter or roll out our biscuits, etc. So I thought it would be fun to make a family favorite, french toast, and healthy it up a bit while also making it kid friendly. Hence, making them into sticks.

Also, I whipped up some quick and easy peanut butter syrup to dip them in and I added the recipe to that as well.



Better for those cute, chubby, little fingers to grasp.

She's so stinking cute.

Anyways, onward and forward and to the recipe we go!

I used Ezekiel Bread Cinnamon and Raisin because I feel like the health benefits of it are better than any other bread but feel free to use whatever kind of bread you like. 


Ingredients for the french toast
4 slices of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread
2 eggs (for vegans, you can use a flax egg)
1/4 c almond milk
dash of cinnamon

Set oven to 425. Cut the bread into long slices. I got 4 out of each slice of bread. Mix the eggs and milk and cinnamon together and dip each stick into the mixture. Once you've covered the sticks, lay them on a greased baking dish and bake for 8-10 minutes or until browning.

Then you can dip into this super easy peanut butter syrup! Simply mix equal parts of any nut butter and almond milk. Top with a dash of real maple syrup and mix until it's blended well. I used 3 tbsp of each and it was enough for this recipe for our family but if you like a lot of syrup, feel free to make more!

If you make the recipe, let me know if you enjoyed it!

Hope you like it as much as my husband did.

:)







If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment