Thursday, April 14, 2016

Easiest Summer Salad (Steak, Walnut, & Apple)



I love summer. Don't you guys? 

I mean, technically it't not summer yet but it's starting to feel like it right?

Long days, grilling out, playing outside all day. LOVE.






I've "cooked" this recipe a few times now and even used it a few ways. We've eaten it as a salad but we've also tossed the entire salad in with some brown rice pasta for a "fuller" meal.

It's suuuuper simple. I even feel bad saying it's a recipe because technically it's just an idea. Quick, easy, and versatile. 

I hope you enjoy it!





Ingredients


8 oz. Steak of choice
Lettuce of choice (I used a mix of arugula, spinach, and Spring Mix)
1 medium apple (I used Macintosh)
1/4 cup Walnuts
1 tbs liquid sweetener (I used 100% pure maple syrup but honey is great too. Also, if you're on Whole30 this can be left out completely or you can blend dates into paste and add)
1 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tbs mild oil (I used olive oil this time but I've used walnut and avocado oil before)
Avocado (Optional but HIGHLY recommended. Always.)




Instructions


Season and grill steak to your preference.
THINLY slice apples and throw in skillet with walnuts. Brown on medium until apples are slightly brown and walnuts are lightly toasted. No oil is needed in the pan. A dry roast is best.

Mix the sweetener, vinegar, and oil together. Shake well.

Toss everything together in a pretty bowl.

Throw avocado on top.

Enjoy.

Easy and delicious!!! Let me know what you think :)








If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment