Monday, February 15, 2016

On Adjusting to Two

 
 
I have officially been a mom of two kids for almost 2 months and boy, let me tell you, there's been a learning curve. Not to mention Tim is out of town for 2 months and we just moved to a new city. Needless to say, some days I struggle to just keep my sanity. Let's not even try for a "Pinteresty" kind of day.
 
Popcorn for lunch? Sure, kid.
TV alllll day? Oh yes. Why not?
PJs to the grocery store? Whatever you want, Cali.
I consider it a good day if I've managed to keep Cali from PICKING UP NASH.
 
I think the thing I've found to be the hardest (after trying to convince Cali to NOT PICK UP NASH) are the little things that I never really thought of. Like trying to put Cali to bed while taking care of Nash's needs. Or cooking dinner while making sure Cali DOESN'T PICK UP NASH (Do you see a common theme?). I'm learning quickly that sometimes I just have to go with the flow and do whatever gets the job done with the least amount of stress on all of us.
 
Like this. This is how I've been getting Cali to sleep every. single. night.
 

 
Ideal? Not even close.
 
Easy, to the point, and how it's getting done? You betcha.
 
Where I really struggle is making time for each of them individually. Even if it's just the little minutes of the day like putting Nash on the bed while I give Cali my full attention during bath  time.
 


Or not falling asleep when I put Cali to bed so I can snuggle on this guy alone for a few minutes.
 


 
And guys, let me tell you, there is such a HUGE amount of guilt when it comes to that for me. I really struggle sometimes with accepting the fact that it's not just me and Cali and our crazy adventures anymore. She doesn't (and can't) get my full attention 100% of the time anymore and it's something we're both learning how to deal with. But on the flip side of that, I also have a ton of guilt when it comes to not being able to give Nash the time and devotion that I gave Cali when she was a baby.
 
It's a back and forth that I'm daily learning to work around.
 
One thing that has been a LIFESAVER for me is baby-wearing. To have Nash strapped to my chest frees up both hands for chasing Crazy Cali around. And part of Cali adjusting to having to share my attention is wanting to do everything Nash does...
 
Like have me wear her again...
 
While I'm wearing him, of course.
 
Oy vey.
 
This child hasn't wanted me to wear her in over a year but one look at Nash in there and it's all "WEAR ME, MOMMA! I WANT ON YOU TOO!"
 
Now anybody that has followed me for a while knows I'm a big fan of the K'Tan. It carries the baby like a wrap but without having to tie it.
 
However, once Cali reached a certain size there wasn't enough support for my shoulders and it KILLS my neck and back to wear her.
 
Enter (drumroll please)
the Wrapy.
 
It's a wrap. You've seen them.
 
You can learn more at their website
 
And you can see reviews of people that have used it here.
 
This one is so soft, y'all.
 
AND I can wear Cali without the stress on my body.
 
See?
 

 
It's hard to see because of the color of her dress but she's strapped on my back with the Wrapy.
 
And she loves it.
 
And I don't feel like I'm leaving her out of anything when I carry Nash.
 
AND, right now, I have discount codes to give you.
 
You're welcome.
 
When you subscribe to my blog before March 1, I'll send you a code to receive 15% off of your order!
 
Now, before you roll your eyes and dismiss everything I've said, let me be straightforward.
 
Yes. They sent me a free one to review.
 
But everything I've said here is my own opinion. Trust me, I've been sent things to review before that you've never seen on this blog. Why? Because I didn't like the product. So you can rest assured that I mean what I say.
 
On that note, both of my kids are magically asleep at the same time so I'm going to take advantage of it while it lasts. Probably for the next 10 minutes or so but hey, I take what I can get.
 
 
 
 
 

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment